What tools & apps I'm using - 2022 edition
It’s a bit after a new year but I’m back with a new post about what tools and apps I’m using. I decided to remove
/uses and redirect people to this post. I like idea of writing what I’m using at the end of the year.
- Apple MacBook Pro 16” 2021. It is nice laptop and works fine - what is the most important it is without radiator so everything is quiet. I’m using it with external monitor and keyboard in clamshell mode.
- Dell U2720Q. It is 27” 4K monitor with 60Hz refresh rate. It works and do not have glare.
- Apple Magic Keyboard
- Logitech MX Vertical. Awesome mouse - it makes my wrist happy.
- Pen & Paper. I’m using them to take meeting notes or write journal.
- Bose QC35. As I’m working from home right now I’m using it to calls.
- AirPods 1st gen - I’m using them to listen to music or podcasts.
- iPhone 11. Have not changed it for a while. It works fine.
- iPad 6th gen. Mostly I’m using it on the couch to read RSS and Reddit.
- Things. For all todo and projects.
- Reeder with Feedbin as a backend. Awesome combination for reading RSS and newsletters. I like that Feedbin can take any amount of feeds I throw at it.
- Apple Notes. It works and has document scanner.
- Chrome. Main browser with few extensions.
- uBlock Origin
- StopTheMadness. Totally recommend. It is only extension that allows to stop auto-playing videos on websites.
- Tweaks for Twitter
- Video Speed Controller
- VS Code + SF Mono. For writing and coding.
- Pandan. It informs me how much time I spend behind my computer and forces me to take a break.
- Apple Numbers.
- Arq backup with AWS. Backups my data to cloud and local disk.
- CleanShot X. The best screenshot tool for Mac.
- DevUtils. A collection of tools for developers.
- noTunes. Blocks Apple Music from opening when I press
Playbutton on my keyboard.
- Carrot Weather. Better weather than Apple Weather.
- Pocket Casts. I’m using it to listen to podcasts.